More feature suggestions

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion More feature suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik,

as the blog discussion was closed for further comments, I would like to voice my desire for a ND filter and dehaze.

Recently a friend of mine who uses Raw Therapee on Linux saw Raw Power on my Mac, and while Raw Therapee is really a super powerful and versatile package, he was impressed with the simplicity of the UI of Raw Power. So while we continue to ask for additions to the Raw Power feature set, a priority should be to maintain the clean UI of it, so to avoid a convoluted UI as you see it in Raw Therapee.

Best regards,
    Erik

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree – maintaining a clean, easy to use interface is essential (and hard to do as the features start to pile up).

–Nik

Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik,

Indeed, fully agree that this is paramount yet a challenge.

Being able to customize the UI by hiding/revealing functional sections and modifying their sort order would be fantastic. RT with its vast range of features arranged in different tabs, each plagued with lots of scrolling, is not a reference. In all fairness, I have not explored the possibilities of customizing its UI.

Best regards,
    Erik

Valdo
    Participant

Clear View is a fantastic algorithm used by DXO in Elite versions. I didn’t see something similar even in Capture One not.

msidoric
    Participant

Feature suggestion:
    In Apple Photos integration, would love to see RAW Power adjustment panel persist after adjusting a photo, and moving to the next. Have not been able to find a way to retain the RAW adjustment panel without it reverting back to Apple’s when switching images.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, being able to keep the RAW Power adjustments up inside Photos would be great. However, this is a limitation of Photos. It only allows extensions to work on a single image, and when the extension has completed its work, Photos switches control back to its interface.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.