Editing on external drive

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Editing on external drive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    billy-gs
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to sort and edit raw files on an external ssd. As long as the drive is connected, all changes I did are saved. But when I disconnect and then reconnect the ssd all changes are gone. How can I properly edit raw files on an external ssd with an iPad Pro?

Thanks

billy-gs
    Participant

I just found the “restore edits” option in the menu. It seems to work now.
    Why doesn’t raw power restore the data automatically when the hard drive is connected?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

RAW Power does restore the data but only for drives that maintain stable “inode” values (this is a file identifier that each file on a disk gets). It is supposed to remain unchanged as long as the file is present on the drive (it will change if the file goes to another drive). It’s not a unique identifier or fingerprint. It’s just a simple number. However, some drives do not keep the inode stable (perhaps they use a different file system – not sure) and that breaks the link between the original file and the RAW Power editing data.

billy-gs
    Participant

Thanks. So it depends all on the hard disk? Can the formatting of the hard drive also have an effect?

I don’t know if it’s any helpful but the hard drive I use is a SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB formatted in exfat (just for info).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.