Bug: Rotation for portrait orientation

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Bug: Rotation for portrait orientation

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

There seems to be a bug that was introduced in the latest version:

– When importing pictures (Sony ARW) that were taken in portrait orientation, they are shown in the correct orientation in the thumbnail view.
    – When pressing space to view them full size, they are (incorrectly!) shown in landscape format.
    – When pressing enter, they’re back to portrait orientation.
    – After editing a picture, the full-size view is correctly shown in portrait orientation.
    – In Apple photos, the pictures are always shown in the correct orientation.

There seems to be an issue with the initial reading of the orientation from the raw file for the full-size view.

Cheers
    David

David
    Participant

I just noticed, also the pictures don’t have any metadata like camera model displayed and their resolution is given as 1.7 MP instead of 24 (which is likely the embedded preview). It changes, once the picture has been edited. It seems to be a general issue with reading metadata from new pictures.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Which Sony camera model are you using? When you see the rotation problem, are you browsing the Photo Library with RAW Power, or Finder folders?

David
    Participant

The camera is an A6400 and the pictures are stored in the Photo Library.

(Apologies for the late reply, I just noticed you follow-up questions.)

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I tried importing some A6400 RAWs into Photos on iOS. Then I went to RAW Power.
    What I see is the megapixels reported as 24, but sometimes not all the metadata is appearing.
    These (portrait) images loaded without any rotation issues, both outside of Edit and inside Edit.
    Perhaps your images are set in a way that is causing the app to be confused.

Here are two links to files on PhotographyBlog:
    https://img.photographyblog.com/reviews/sony_a6400/sample_images/sony_a6400_02.arw
    https://img.photographyblog.com/reviews/sony_a6400/sample_images/sony_a6400_04.arw

If you download these, and import into your device, do you see the problem with rotation?
    Thanks.

–Nik

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.