There seems to be a bug that was introduced in the latest version:
– When importing pictures (Sony ARW) that were taken in portrait orientation, they are shown in the correct orientation in the thumbnail view.
– When pressing space to view them full size, they are (incorrectly!) shown in landscape format.
– When pressing enter, they’re back to portrait orientation.
– After editing a picture, the full-size view is correctly shown in portrait orientation.
– In Apple photos, the pictures are always shown in the correct orientation.
There seems to be an issue with the initial reading of the orientation from the raw file for the full-size view.
I just noticed, also the pictures don’t have any metadata like camera model displayed and their resolution is given as 1.7 MP instead of 24 (which is likely the embedded preview). It changes, once the picture has been edited. It seems to be a general issue with reading metadata from new pictures.