Brushes

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    larsen44
    Participant

Any idea if/when RAW Power will get brushes? I would like to rid myself from Adobe but I need brushes.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Brushes are a high priority for the app. In fact, I’m working on brushing right now! I am hopeful that this feature will be in the 3.0 release, but software is inherently difficult to predict. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

mrihooper
    Participant

Just one more vote for brushes at some stage.

I have to say the raw decoding on my Nikon D500 are the best I have ever seen. Made me go all teary 🙂

All good.

cymro
    Participant

Nik
    Any update on Brushes? That’d be a great addition

oxon
    Participant

Is there any update or planned schedule of brushes support for macOS? I am looking for an alternative for Aperture, for which RAW Power looks to be suited, but brushes are of importance for my workflow. I understand that most of those who need brushes already migrated to Adobe, but I hope brushes (with edge detection) are also implemented in RAW Power.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The app doesn’t have brushing. It’s been on the list for a while to do, and I even had a prototype at one point. Then I discovered a limitation with the Photo library that basically invalidated my entire implementation. So, I have to start over. I can’t make any promises for a brushing feature in RAW Power. I feel it’s important to say that so that people don’t make any buying decisions based on the possibility of that feature.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Nik Bhatt.
    oxon
    Participant

Thank you Nik. I hope I am not only the person who makes a buying decision with brush support (I tried only the trial version) and that it is implemented in future. The burn brush in Aperture saved a lot of photos taken under bad lightning, which will save others’ family photos in Photos or RAW Power too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.