Backup Raw Power database

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Backup Raw Power database

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GuyHammond
    Participant

Is there a way of backing up the Raw Power database so it can be restored on a new or different Mac? I’m aware that Time Machine will be backing it up but I’m thinking of a simpler way in which just the RP settings and edits can be migrated to a new machine, without having to do a complete restore from TM. Obviously, the original image files would need to be in the same relative location, e.g. on an external drive.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The RAW Power data is stored in the app’s sandbox folder which is in your home directory. You can copy it to a new machine if you like. However, when you do that, you will need to use the Restore Edits feature of RAW Power to reassociate the edit data with the originals. RAW Power does not track the location of your originals – instead it uses the original’s file system inode (which is an integer). If you move the file around on your disk, RAW Power will still find it, but if you move it to another disk or computer, then it cannot track it automatically. That’s where the Restore Edits feature comes in. The folder is located at

~/Library/Containers/com.gentlemencoders.RAWPower/

-Nik

GuyHammond
    Participant

Thanks Nik, I’ll give that a go.

GuyHammond
    Participant

Hi Nik

On my iMac (Catalina) I have located the folder you describe. However, I cannot seem to find it on my M1 MacBook Air (which is running Big Sur obviously) only two folders that appear to have identical names: ~/Library/Containers/RAW Power. Is it one of these and, if so, which one do I replace?

Guy

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Apple has surfaced the container folder in Big Sur which is confusing because they only surface the Documents directory of the container.

However, the path should still work (I tried it on Big Sur myself just now): ~/Library/Containers/com.gentlemencoders.RAWPower

Please email support@gentlemencoders.com so I can help you directly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.