Zoom does not go to 100%

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Zoom does not go to 100%

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RichardDBlake
    Participant

When I am browsing though a folder of JPEG images (actually RAW + JPEG but filtered to ‘Not RAW’), the Z button or space bar only zooms to what looks like 50%.

In edit mode, it zooms to 100% as expected.

As I use the browse mode for my initial triage run, zooming to 100% would be ideal.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi,

The app should zoom to 100% in that case. It depends a little bit on your camera and how it makes embedded JPEGs. The app should start with the embedded JPEG, and then replace it with the RAW once it loads. If you zoom to 100% before the RAW loads, then it might zoom to the size of the embedded rather the RAW. You might need to wait a few seconds until the RAW loads before hitting the space bar. Which camera are you using?

RichardDBlake
    Participant

Hi Nik

I am using the Canon 7D Mark II.

I am seeing this problem when I am viewing JPEG files, not the RAW files

I created a new folder with just one JPEG file in it from this camera and I saw the same issue. If I look at the same JPEG file with RAW Power in my Photos library, the Z key zooms to 100% as expected so this only seems to be an issue with folder browsing.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I am also using the folder browsing interface. What I am seeing is that the zoom level can get “stuck” if you hit the spacebar or Z key too early (so there’s a bug). If I wait a few seconds after going to the image and then hitting the Z key, it seems to zoom properly.

RichardDBlake
    Participant

Hi

Unfortunately, I can’t get the zoom to work properly, even if I wait for a while after selecting the photo.

Same issue for RAW files.

I’m using an Apple M1 MacBook Pro if that helps.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I’ll have to look into it further. If you arrow to a different photo and then back again, does zoom work? I am wondering if there is some state that needs to be reset.

RichardDBlake
    Participant

No, moving forward and backwards between photos does not make any difference.

I’ve also tried with a photo from a Canon 600D and I get the same issue so not specific to the 7D Mk II.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I found the problem and have a fix for it. It will be in the next update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.