Wishlist: Don’t require me to edit in order to mark as favorite

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Wishlist: Don’t require me to edit in order to mark as favorite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pito Salas
    Participant

When I am screening my images, I can compare several similar images from the thumbnails and decide to favorite one of them. It would be great if I didn’t have to go to the edit more. Best would be to click on the little heart. If that’s not possible then maybe make it available on the right click menu for that item. (Same idea, but less important, to be able to set other properties like stars and reject etc.)

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

You can favorite an image at any point. You do not need to be in edit. If you are in the grid (no viewer), press the “.” button. If you are viewing the image, you can click the heart on the left side (with the ratings interface).

Pito Salas
    Participant

You’re right (of course.) But I WAS confused. I right clicked on the image in grid mode and while there were lots of choices, favorite was not one of them. There really was no way to know. Going to the 1 image view (for view or edit) is not convenient because the whole point is to see images side by side, as in the grid, and decide favorite vs. not. I may have shot three very similar images of a swan and want to see them side by side and choose the one I like best.

So: now that I know I don’t need the feature anymore. But I suggest making it apparent even in the grid display that you can use . and I assume 1,2,3,4,5 directly from there,

Pito Salas
    Participant

You’re right (of course.) But I WAS confused. I right clicked on the image in grid mode and while there were lots of choices, favorite was not one of them. There really was no way to know. Going to the 1 image view (for view or edit) is not convenient because the whole point is to see images side by side, as in the grid, and decide favorite vs. not. I may have shot three very similar images of a swan and want to see them side by side and choose the one I like best.

So: now that I know I don’t need the feature anymore. But I suggest making it apparent even in the grid display that you can use . and I assume 1,2,3,4,5 directly from there,

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I would like to add more items to the contextual menu (such as favoriting) which would help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.