Will Venture fix tags?

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Will Venture fix tags?

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Josh Moore
    Participant

I know that Monterey broke tags. Is there any chance that Monterey fixes that?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I haven’t checked the latest beta – when I do, I will post here.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I checked the latest beta. Sorry – no changes from Monterey.

hagegu
    Participant

There is an app where it works, a photo and video viewer, ApolloOne (https://www.apollooneapp.com/). It is not an editing program. I wonder if there is a difference between an editing program and a program to just organize photos. I’m using macOS Monterey on an 2019 iMac.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Apollo One works differently from RAW Power. It does focus more on organizing than editing. However, that app has the same problem that RAW Power has with Finder Tags (I know the developer and we have communicated about it). So, I believe Apollo One just uses the default label names, so if you have customized your label names it won’t work the way it used to.

hagegu
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

richardb
    Participant

Even the default color tag functionality as available in ApolloOne (I am using Ventura) would be better than not having tags at all. If I tag an image using a default color label in ApolloOne, the tag is functional in Finder and also in other photo apps such as Affinity and On1 Photo Raw.

ApolloOne does permit changing label names to make them the same as custom labels from Finder but most other photo apps only accept the default color labels so custom labels are not that useful anyway in the context of photo browsers.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, I see your point.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Today, I released version 3.4.15 of RAW Power with a fix for this problem (Someone was able to find the location where Finder stores the tags on Monterey and later.).

Chip Towner
    Participant

Thanks for getting this done. It is quite helpful!

Chip Towner
    Participant

This has not worked since I had purchased the app so I have a question I have not found answered in the users guide. The first 9 tags in the list of tags have an associated keyboard shortcut. The remainder are in a seemingly random list (in finder they appear to be alphabetical). There does not appear to be any method I can use to sort or filter the tags presented to me or, at a minimum, define the tags I want to have associated with the keyboard shortcuts.

At a minimum it would be helpful if they were ordered in some fashion. Personally I’d like to filter the list too (I have quite a few). But understand if that is not in the cards.

Chip Towner
    Participant

This has not worked since I had purchased the app so I have a question I have not found answered in the users guide. The first 9 tags in the list of tags have an associated keyboard shortcut. The remainder are in a seemingly random list (in finder they appear to be alphabetical). There does not appear to be any method I can use to sort or filter the tags presented to me or, at a minimum, define the tags I want to have associated with the keyboard shortcuts.

At a minimum it would be helpful if they were ordered in some fashion. Personally I’d like to filter the list too (I have quite a few). But understand if that is not in the cards.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Strange – on my machine, the order in RAW Power is exactly the same as in the Finder (neither is alphabetical).
    I’m looking at the sidebar and also Finder Settings. Where are you seeing the alphabetical list?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.