Straighten Tool – jagged edges in resulting images

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Straighten Tool – jagged edges in resulting images

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by matt.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    matt
    Participant

I have discovered this gem of an app recently and have spent many hours now playing with my photos on an iPad. Great app, really.
    While almost all editing tools generate very good looking results, I have found something strange working with Straighten Tool from the Crop section. When I use it to rotate an image, I end up with jagged edges in preview – which is understandable in a preview and generally goes away when I zoom in and let the image re-render. What is strange, is that the jagged edges end up in the JPEG version generated after I am done with editing. The jagged edges make the final JPEG images turn out looking worse than the zoomed-in preview, which makes me think there might be some issue with my configuration or the rotation algorithm. Anyone else observing those symptoms?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

That should not be happening, but there could be a bug in the app. If you can please email support@gentlemencoders.com, we can troubleshoot it.

Thanks.

matt
    Participant

A quick update, for anyone visiting this topic in the future:
    A gentleman from Gentlemen Coders helped me troubleshoot and was able to pinpoint the small issue. It has been fixed in version 2.1.4 of the iOS app (2.1.2 on macOS) – no more jagged edges!
    Thank you Nik for excellent support.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.