spot/wire removal followed by clone tool

Home Forums Nitro for Mac spot/wire removal followed by clone tool

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Rott
    Participant

Something strange happens when I first use the spot/wire tool to remove a wire or stick. The stick is removed but there is an odd distortion that remains. When I try to fix to using the clone tool as a followup, it isn’t possible to clone over the distortion, instead the cloned parts are incorporated into the distortion.

Derek Vallintine
    Participant

I had a similar problem removing a dust bunny on a midtone area, the dust bunny went but in its place I got a white streak. Using the clone tool I ended up with the same problem you had Mike.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The order you apply Clone and Retouch does not matter. The order of processing in Nitro is fixed, and clone runs before retouch (for some technical reasons).

Derek Vallintine
    Participant

Nik you are missing the point that Mike and I have pointed out, your Retouch tool is not doing a good job. Please compare your healing tool with Nikon Studio or ACDSEE 9 for Mac then you will see what we are talking about.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Mike said that the Spot / Wire removal tool didn’t give him good results and the clone tool did not allow him to fix it. I explained why the clone tool did not fix it. I know that the Spot / Wire removal tool has limitations. That said, it works on a lot of cases. If you look at the UI, it says I’m working on a new one.

Mike Rott
    Participant

Thanks Nik.
    What I am seeing makes sense now if the order is fixed. The spot/wire is limited, I was trying it on some stray sticks and it didn’t work well and was likely pushed what it was designed for. I have had better luck using it for dust spots.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.