sidecar file location

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion sidecar file location

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sslupsky
    Participant

I am wondering if Raw Power is intended to be used in the following situation:

I have a nMP with an external disk that I store my DSLR images on.
    I mounted the nMP external disk over my LAN using Finder on a MBP.
    I used RP on the MBP in File Browser mode to edit images on the nMP external disk.

Now, when I open RP on the nMP, none of the edits or ratings appear in the File Browser of the nMP and I do not see any evidence of “sidecar” files in the image directory on the external disk where the images are stored.

Is it possible to have a workflow where images are stored on a network accessible directory and can be edited with RP on multiple computers? I am not asking about concurrent editing but editing one one computer and then moving to another computer, doing some edits, and coming back to the first computer. ie: laptop -> desktop -> laptop

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by sslupsky.
    sslupsky
    Participant

Looking further around I found this forum thread:
    https://support.gentlemencoders.com/forums/topic/sync-changes-between-mac-and-ipad-via-files/

which suggests a multi computer workflow is not currently supported. It does hint that perhaps it is/was in the works. Any word on when this feature might land?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The app supports synching between devices only through iCloud Photo Library. I’d like to do something more powerful in the future, but nothing to report at this point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.