Sharing adjustment data without icloud photo library

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Sharing adjustment data without icloud photo library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik,

Assuming that I am nor using iCloud photo library to store my raw files, in case I edit raw files on my iPad to start with, would there be any way to move those raws and their corresponding Raw Power adjustment data over to Mac OS at a later stage? That scenario could come in handy whilst on vacation with the iPad, but once back home I would like to integrate those raws plus their adjustments into my master photo library on my iMac, so the adjustment data would likely need to be copied or moved one way or another into Raw Power’s sandbox directory in Mac OS.

I guess the answer will be no and one would need to store all the raws in the iCloud photo library, correct? At least one no longer needs to use the Photos extension with its limitations of moving between images quickly.

Best regards,
    Erik

Erik Brammer
    Participant

I think I am raising a similar request as Uwe did on May 3rd.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Right now, the answer is “no” (well, the answer is “yes, but not easily”). However, I have two features I’d like to add. One is iCloud Drive functionality for the file browser & Files app.. The other is some kind of export / import of adjustments and rating data. Both would serve that purpose.

Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik,

I have subscribed to the 2TB iCloud plan in the meantime. Started to upload raw files to iCloud but I will keep JPGs and raws still on my iMac as an archive and yet another backup.

If I have already adjusted raws using Raw Power 2.x on my iMac, is there a way to get the adjustment data into the iCloud photo library and link it with the raw files there?

Cheers,
    Erik

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Not yet – I plan to add the ability to import and export between the file browser and Photo library with all adjustments etc. Definitely on the list.

Erik Brammer
    Participant

Great, thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.