RawPower to Photos

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion RawPower to Photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Derek Vallintine
    Participant

After I have finished editing an image in Raw can I then export it to Photos? I want to do this so that I can use the healing or repair brush.

BenB
    Participant

Yes it can,
    The procedure is different though how you opened the RAW file.
    1. when opening from within Apple Photo’s by using the extension, after your edits just click at the “save edits” at the top right of the window.
    2. When opening the RAWPower browser and choose “New Photo Library window” you can perform your edits and then click “Done” (it’s at the same place as the “edit” button top right)
    3. When you open the raw directly in Raw Power. after editing you can use “File-> export to library”. The photo will be sent to your photo system-library.

HtH
    Ben

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Great Answer, Ben!

Any image you edit with RAW Power in the Photo Library is available in Photos for use with its editing tools (or other extensions). This is true whether you use the extension or the standalone app. You will be editing a JPEG, however. That JPEG is generated by RAW Power and is required by Apple so that other tools can work with a standard format.

BenB
    Participant

Thanks Nik.
    By the way, it appears to me that there is one exception to the “rule” that other app’s will use the jpeg (or tiff) after editing with RawPower ?. Affinity Photo will always pick-up the un-edited raw-file in Apple Photo’s, using their extension “edit in Affinity Photo” , at least that is my experience. (but then: Affinity always does, so it doesn’t even remember its own edits made earlier 😞).

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

That’s pretty crazy that they do that. I was only talking about properly-engineered extensions that follow Apple’s rules, so YMMV with other ones!

BenB
    Participant

Yep, they still don’t quite understand how to work with extensions for Apple 😁.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.