RAW Power 3 Hangs in VM

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum RAW Power 3 Hangs in VM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mavc
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the Trial Version of RawPower 3 and noted that it will only run on Mojave or later (I’m currently on Hight Sierra). So I installed a Mojave Virtual Machine using Parallels and installed RawPower 3 inside. RawPower opens and I can navigate to folders and see my images. But whenever I select an image file and then click the Edit button, the app hangs. The image is displayed in the centre panel with the word “Loading” and spinning indicator on top. The edit controls don’t appear in the right panel and the after a while the cooling fans startup up. It just seems stuck at this point.

Any ideas? I know my setup is unusual. Maybe the only way to try RawPower is to upgrade to Mojave..

Mark

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not tried the app on Parallels at all, so I have no idea how it might behave. However, I can say that because it’s a VM, the GPU performance will be very poor, and RAW Power relies very heavily on the GPU. At one point, I tried to do something similar with Aperture, and it didn’t work at all (images didn’t load). So, a VM is not a configuration I can support.

mavc
    Participant

Hi Nik,

Many thanks for your swift reply. I realised that operation would be slow, but I just wanted to see how the new features of Version 3 worked and whether there had been other improvements. I tried Version 2 and really liked it and thought if Version 3 was better I might actually make the jump from LR/PS and upgarde to Mojave at the same time. The thing that *REALLY* impressed me about RawPower version 2 was the responsiveness of the sliders when making adjustments. So many packages are too slow and take too long to render the changes.

I’ll perhaps setup a second boot disk with Mojave and then try again.

Thanks again.

Mark

mavc
    Participant

Hi Nik,

I upgraded to Mojave and RawPower 3.0 now runs on my machine, so it must have bene something to do with the VM setup.

One thing I notice is the manual CA removal blue/yellow slider does nothing (value stays at 0 and image unchanged). Is this a known bug?

Mark

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

This was fixed in one of the 3.0.x dot releases. Sorry about the bug – we should have caught it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.