Raw Power 3.2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Catas
    Participant

After the latest update of Raw Power, I had noticed that camera button has coming back.
    Is this a bug. If not, can we have opportunity for disabling it from settings app? It is really annoying when by mistake that button is pressed and window is popping up. I really don’t need that app yet, and even I’ll have it I don’t find it’s Link useful in this app.
    Until then I think I’ll skip this update in iPad.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Sounds like a bug. I’ll make a note for a dot release. Managing the buttons is complicated and error prone, unfortunately.

Catas
    Participant

Thanks Nik for your answer!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Where do you see the camera button? I’m running 3.2 on an iPad and I don’t see it. Are you referring to the iPhone?

Catas
    Participant

Yes, I am referring to the iPhone and the dot release doesn’t cure it.
    On the small screen of iPhone I can’t find it useful at all.
    Like I said in my first post, didn’t update app in iPad yet.

thewildrover
    Participant

I’m seeing the camera button on the iOS version here too (iPhone 6s), it links to Halide here (which I also have installed). Isn’t that expected behaviour?

On my iPad Pro I’m not seeing the icon, so I’m guessing the link to Halide isn’t available or working on an iPad?

Both up to date.

Regards
    Andy

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Halide only works on the iPhone, so the button only appears there. On iPad the button is suppressed.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I could make a setting to hide the button, but it doesn’t take the place of anything else in the app (you aren’t losing any features by its presence). Do you just use the Apple camera app, or do you use a different camera app?

Catas
    Participant

Yea, really we are not losing any features by its presence, but we get the presence of that popping window for installing that app when we are refusing for installing it. Annoying. It is like an add in app. I’m using Apple camera app, and even if I had Halide installed can’t find useful or very little, starting it from in Raw Power app. And also even that button will start Apple camera app it is annoying to accidentally leave the application in the process of editing.
    Could be blessing if we have a setting for hiding that button and recentering the button next to it.
    Thank you Nik for your good work.

thewildrover
    Participant

Halide is working on my iPad Pro here! Or is it just a Raw Power+Halide on the iPad restriction?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Halide will run on the iPad, but as an iPhone app (it doesn’t take advantage of the iPad screen). RAW Power does not show Halide in that case because it’s not a configuration they have developed for. The next version of the app will have a preference to hide the camera button.

thewildrover
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying that Nik. Yes, I see that Halide hasn’t been optimised for the iPad (yet). I was only being a little pedantic that Halide does run on the iPad, and still takes good pictures if used, although I have to admit I don’t very often use the iPad to take photos anyway (it’s a bit cumbersome).

Would it be better (if at all possible) to contextually hide the button if Halide isn’t installed?

Best regards,

Andy

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

If Halide is not installed and you tap the button, the app brings up the App Store so you can purchase it if you like.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.