Raw Power 3.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jerrysdean43
    Participant

Do you have a tentative release date for 3.0 yet? Would you consider putting a preview of the new interface on Twitter? I am ready to purchase the new version, any advance purchases available? Thanks for your great product.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

RAW Power 3.0 will be a free update for existing customers, so no need to re-purchase it. My plan / hope is to release it toward the end of the year. When the UI feels a little better, yes, I will post some screenshots.

jerrysdean43
    Participant

Thank you Nik, a free upgrade to 3.0 is so very generous of you and not expected at all. The more I use the software the more that I appreciate the simplicity and power of it. I have watched the curves video several times and am now just starting to get my head around it. I am looking forward to the new features with 3.0. Thank you for your efforts and generosity.

Valdo
    Participant

TestFlight?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

You are welcome. There is nothing ready for beta testing – I’m sorry to say I’m behind schedule — summer was much less productive than I had hoped.

Trophy92
    Participant

Will Raw power 3 run on Mojave? Aperture is struggling on Mojave and I am not sure if my ancient Mac Pro will run Catalina.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I try to maintain compatibility with two versions of macOS for a given version of RAW Power.

So, RAW Power 3.0 will run on Mojave and Catalina, but not High Sierra. At some point, RAW Power only run on Catalina and Catalina + 1.

However, note that features like Photos library support are only available on Catalina, so you would not be able to use that when running RAW Power 3 on Mojave.

Trophy92
    Participant

Great news. I have all my raw images in Aperture libraries on 1 hard disk and in folders on another hard disk. I currently use raw power on my new images not supported in Aperture but would like to use it on my old images as well in future as I am getting the spinning beach ball to often. Hopefully I will purchase a new computer next year but disappointed that Apple have made the new Mac Pro to expensive for amateur retired photographers like me who have always used tower Mac Pro’s.

redbaron
    Participant

What is new in Raw Power 3.0?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

This list is somewhat long and varies between Mac and iOS. The app is in beta testing now, so I hope to release it soon. On Mac, two large features are support for ratings and flags and filtering, as well as Photos library support. On iOS, you will also get ratings, flags, and filtering, as well as support for working with the Files.app (instead of just the Photo library).

If you are on the mailing list, you will get an email with a detailed list of features when the app is released.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.