Photos to Raw Power

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Photos to Raw Power

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek Vallintine
    Participant

How do I send reworked images from Photos on my Mac to Raw Power? I did it a few months ago but I can’t remember how I did it. I am 77 so I will blame it on old age !!!

Can someone tell me how to do it. Thanks

Chip Towner
    Participant

Hi Derek,
    You are not alone, I am about 15 years behind you and I find that lose these things as well, especially if I do not do them frequently enough. Keep plugging along!

To help with your problem, I highly recommend that you take a look at the RAW Power 3.0 user guide. The developer, Nik Bhatt, has some excellent descriptions of how to access files on your computer and images in the Mac Photos app. He also has links to a couple of articles he wrote that provide additional detail describing how RAW Power interacts with your Photos library both as a stand alone app or as an extension within that you can access from within Photos. It would be good to understand this because Apple “constrains” how RAW Power can interact with the Photos in your Photos library.

I am far from an expert but assuming that what you want to do is view these reworked images in RAW Power but leave them in Photos here is what I would try. Go to the File menu and select the New Photo Library window. This will open your system Photo library in RAW Power. You should then be able to use the RAW Power browser to find your reworked images.

I haven’t figured out how to upload figures to this forum yet but if you need some screenshots I will see if I can figure out how to do this and provide some.

If I have misunderstood your intent let me know!

Chip Towner
    Participant

One last suggestion – at the top of the web page for this forum is a link to a bunch of videos Nik created to help understand how to use RAW Power on MacOS and on iOS. There is one specifically for using the Photos Library Browsing the Photos Library using RAW Power 3.0

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Thanks for answering, Chip. You are correct. Because RAW Power can read the Photo library directly, there is no need to import images into RAW Power from Photos. Just use File > New Photo Library Window. This is also true on iOS.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Thanks for answering, Chip. You are correct. Because RAW Power can read the Photo library directly, there is no need to import images into RAW Power from Photos. Just use File > New Photo Library Window. This is also true on iOS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.