Perspective Correction and Keywords

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Perspective Correction and Keywords

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ColinG
    Participant

This is nice software with bags of potential. Thank you. Couple of things – I am struggling with the Perspective Tool. I am probably missing something but I just cannot get as good a result as I get with Lr. Additionally, it is to me a little odd that there is no way to work with keywords, which are an important part of my workflow. I understand that I can add them via Photos but what if I am not using Photos?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I hope to add keywords to the Finder part of the app in the future. I need to figure out a few things first.

I cannot support keywords in Photos, even though Mac Photos lets you add them. That’s because Apple does not allow apps on the Mac App Store (yes, that’s right) to read or write keywords.

In general, I try to avoid implementing features on only one “half” of the app because it’s very confusing to people (especially when keywords are available inside the Photos app).

As far as Perspective goes, I suggest trying the vertical and horizontal sliders – that is an easy way to correct perspective.

thewildrover
    Participant

Yes, it’s a strange one with Photos and Keywords isn’t it.

Even Photos itself cannot access its own keywords on iOS or iPadOS, they don’t even show on in Photos at all on my iPad.

Clearly an Apple limitation.

There are other apps that have managed to access them, as they do actually sync across iCloud, but it seems to be a bit of a hack, so I wouldn’t trust it too far.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Some apps may be able to read/write keywords in the library, but they are probably sold outside the App Store. Inside the App Store, apps are prohibited from accessing keywords (as keyword access is a private function in Photos).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.