Local editing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jerrysdean43
    Participant

Are there any future plans to perhaps add a radial filter and a graduated filter to RP?

Thank you

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, I’d like to do that. What kind of control over the filter are you looking for? For example, are you just trying to apply a graduated filter to the image, or are you trying to use it as a mask for, say, tint, or sharpening, etc?

jerrysdean43
    Participant

As a mask for tint, sharpening, adjustments, etc.

markinto
    Participant

I think this is something that would add a ton of value, especially for photos of people. A large percentage of the time in Lightroom, I find myself applying a radial filter around the subject’s face, and then locally tweak exposure / sharpness / colours as needed (note that lightroom allows you to affect inside or outside the filter, which is very useful). It’s a very quick but impactful edit to make a subject pop out of a photo.

Nik, I know you’ve implemented custom placement of vignettes, but that’s not quite as effective when there are multiple subjects.

I know it’s bold to say this, but I often feel as though my photos edited in Raw Power are missing a little something-something. This could go a long way to solving that, for me at least. Two big thumbs up for this feature if you’re able to do it!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, I agree that a gradient tool would be very useful. Thanks for your feedback and specific use case.

thewildrover
    Participant

I’d just like to add a vote for a graduated filter, one of those where you get a line across the image to adjust exposure for sky and land, for example. My preference is for landscapes, so that would be a welcome addition.

Cheers

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.