Library management and backup

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Library management and backup

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I’m aware Raw Power can either hook into the Photos library or be used as a standalone application.

My feeling is that for a typical DSLR workflow, reviewing, selecting, editing and exporting the final pictures, the standalone application is the better choice.

However, coming from Aperture, the standalone application lacks tagging, rating, and filtering. Additionally, adjustments are stored within the app folder, therefore, I don’t see how the can be included in a backup together with all the photos.

Any recommendations how to implement an Aperture-style workflow with Raw Power?
    Any thoughts how to backup edits together with the raw files?

I guess many of the concerns could be addressed by adding a library to Raw Power like Aperture had.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

You are right, version 2.0 lacks ratings, etc. Version 3.0 will have ratings, tags, flagging, and filtering.

The data is stored in the application sandbox, so it will get backed up by any program that backs up the home folder. I just double-checked by going into Time Machine and accessing (Home)/Library/Containers/com.gentlemencoders.RAWPower. All of the document data was there.

I plan to add an export function to make it easier to archive this data in the future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.