JPEGs lose contrast, appear ‘muddy’

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum JPEGs lose contrast, appear ‘muddy’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frank Einstein
    Participant

I am having a problem when exporting images from Raw Power to a JPEG file for printing. When the image is imported to a JPEG file, the JPEG appears ‘muddy’ in comparison with the file edited and viewed in Raw Power. By this I mean that the contrast in the JPEG files seems reduced, colors are less bright, and whites appear somewhat grayish. Overall the image appears flat. (I export to Adobe RGB, but the same happens when I choose another of the color profile options.) All the above is on the monitor, before printing. I hope there is something simple that I am overlooking.

Frank Einstein
    Participant

Follow-up to above post:

1) I am using Raw Power in standalone mode, but using Apple Photos as the file browser. So edits made in RP are transferred to Photos.

2) When I export the edited file from Photos instead of from Raw Power, the exported file looks just as it should, incorporating the edits made in Raw Power.

Any idea why I do not get the same results when exporting the file from Raw Power?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I do not know why that would be happening. I got an email from you and will follow up there because I need more info than can be done through a forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.