Image sort order in grid view

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Image sort order in grid view

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik and all,

I have tried to find comments on my most recent observation but to no avail.

I have just copied some 50 images from an SD card over to my iPad to do a first culling and experimental editing. When I use files as the source in Raw Power, I can see all images but not in alphabetical sort order or image capture time stamp sort order, but rather in some random order that appears to be the file creation date when I copied them to my iPad. Toggling the up/down arrow in the lower right corner just reverses that sort order. I can’t seem to find a way to display them in image capture time stamp or alphabetical sort order.

Has anyone else observed this behavior? Could it be due to the fact that I first duplicated the JPGs on the SD card before I copied them over to the iPad?

Thanks,
    Erik

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

For performance reasons, the app uses file creation date, rather than EXIF date for sorting. Usually those are the same, but the creation date sometimes gets reset. If that happened during the copy, then that would explain things. I’ll make a note to add alphabetical sorting to an upcoming release which will help in these cases.

Erik Brammer
    Participant

Hi Nik,

Thanks a lot. I just replicated the process without first duplicating the JPGs – which I had done for no valid reason. Now they display in the correct sort order according to initial file creation date.

Having an alphabetical sort order option would still be useful in case the file creation date gets modified as part of file transfer processes.

Best regards,
    Erik

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.