Image comparison

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ASYM
    Participant

To compare two (or more images), is it possible to hold a magnification while flipping between images to determine which is the better or best. For example, 200 or 300% comparisons may reveal the sharpest focus for certain detail in macro shots. Such a facility is necessary to quickly select from multiple photos. I am currently experimenting with Raw Power in Mojave as a stand alone (and a long-time Aperture user; which I love – but accept is finally on its last legs). It is frustrating to move to the next image and have the image zoom jump from say 200% to 45%.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, I know what you mean and am sorry for the frustration. It’s been on the list to address for a while; because of the way the viewer is built, it’s a much more thorny problem than it would appear at first glance.

One thing I can suggest, lacking the actual feature to hold the zoom, is to take advantage of multiple tabs:

1) make a new tab
    2) Pick the same album or folder in the second tab
    3) Set the selections in each tab and set the zoom as you like
    4) Then you can use Cmd-Shift-] and Cmd-Shift-[ to switch tabs and thus show the two images.

ASYM
    Participant

Thank you for replying so promptly. The tabs work well with the switching commands (4). Excellent.

oxon
    Participant

@Nik, it would be great if the new tab shows the same image shown in the first tab.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.