Imac locks up with latest RAW Power.

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Imac locks up with latest RAW Power.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scanman
    Participant

I have a late 2014 27 inch IMAC, with 32 gig ram (3.0.4) and I am constantly getting the beachball and lockups with Catalina 10.15.6 editing JPEGs, did not seem to happen on the previous RAW Power, any suggestions. My HD is about half full.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I’m sorry that you are encountering issues with the current version on your iMac. RAW Power 3 does push the machine more than 2.0 did, especially the GPU. The amount of RAM and hard disk space should not be a factor.

Which GPU do you have? I may be able to suggest some ways to configure the app to reduce the load on the computer.

scanman
    Participant

The processor is the 3.5 GHZ Quad Core intel Core i5
    Graphics Card is AMD Radeon R9 M290x 2GB
    32GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

As said I am not working RAW only full frame JPEGs, no problem editing just more when saving and moving onto the next pic.

Any thoughts appreciated.

scanman
    Participant

I just cleared the Dynamic Link Editor
    “sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force”
    and to my surprise the program feels quicker and I get no dreaded beach ball or lock ups so far. I will see how it goes and let you know.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

That’s interesting – I have not tried that before; I’ll have to keep that one in my pocket for another day. I hope it continues to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.