How do presets work?

Home Forums Nitro for Mac How do presets work?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pito Salas
    Participant

It’s hard to tell whether presets accumulate or when I pick a different one the one before it is overridden. On the one hand, the UI implies that each choice overrides the one before. But when I do undo it names each sequential preset command, making me think they might be accumulating.

Also “most recent edit” is not clear. What edit is that referring to?

Thanks Nik!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The interface has a checkbox at the bottom of the preset UI: “Replace Edits with Preset”.

If that is checked, then presets will replace all current edits on the image. If it is not checked, then it will apply the preset on top of the edits. Undo and Redo work to restore the state before and after the preset was applied.

Pito Salas
    Participant

so presets don’t “stack”. If I pick preset 1 and then preset 2, it’s the same as if I just pick preset 2. Correct?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

If you turn off that check box then they are additive.

Pito Salas
    Participant

Let me describe my understanding.

With the checkbox off, as if I did the edits by hand one after the other and just accumulate.

With it on, it is as if I started with the unedited image and applied the preset. So not only does the reset replace other presets that were previously applied, it replaces all edits to the image up to that point.

Yes?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

That’s right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.