Feature Requests

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chip Towner
    Participant

High I have a couple of feature requests. Understand if they are not in your plans just wanted to “put them out there”.

1) I would like the ability to see more of the metadata in the info panel. I’m interested in seeing IPTC information.
    2) I’d like to be able to edit the metadata associated with a single photo
    3) I’d like to have Shortcut integrations added. Similar in thought process to Filter and Tasks but it might allow users to do things you have not programmed into RAW Power.

Of course I have no real idea what I am asking you to do in RAW Power with any of these, so just asking.

Thanks!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions. I have considered Shortcuts but haven’t really thought of anything particular interesting, so if you have specific suggestions, that would be great to know.

Chip Towner
    Participant

Hi Nik,
    The use case that brought Shortcuts integration to mind is that I would like to be able to apply a Raw Power filter action in a shortcut (get all 4 star photos within a date range) and then perform an operation on each of the resulting of images (for example, add the four star rating to the metadata and perhaps to tag the file with a tag like “4star”). Then if I were to give the images to friends or family they would be able to see my ratings in the metadata and if they had Apple devices perhaps even see the tags (I understand tagging in RAW Power was broken by Apple).

For my simple example I would simply want a RAW Power shortcut action to provide me with a list of the file paths. You could obviously add features to RAW Power to add the metadata but I may be the only user who wants this feature.

Not sure if the use case makes sense to you or not but I figured it never hurts to ask.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Chip Towner.
    Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll keep it in mind.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.