Feature Request: Spotlight flagged attribute

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Feature Request: Spotlight flagged attribute

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sslupsky
    Participant

Hi Nik,

It’s been a while since I have been here. I hope you and your family are healthy and doing well.

Would it be possible to coordinate the Raw Power flag attribute with the spotlight flag attribute somehow? The attribute appears to be related to flagged messages so I don’t know if there is something fundamental that prevents this coordination.

I would like to be able to search a folder using spotlight and find images flagged with Raw Power.

sslupsky
    Participant

Also, is it possible to use spotlight to search Ratings? I tried to do this but it doesn’t seem to return any results.

sslupsky
    Participant

I do not seem to be able to add a Smart Folder to Raw Power. Can this be done?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that I cannot add the flag metadata field to a photo. Spotlight works through “metadata importers” – one per file type. The system provides the importer for images, so I cannot replace it and add my own stuff. It is probably possible to add metadata a different way, but it would not be the flag. I have read articles that it’s possible to add metadata to a file using Finder comments and then find them using Spotlight (as a user) – something similar is probably possible for the code.

As far as Ratings go, that is also not in the app. I would have to look at it more to see – if Spotlight reads XMP ratings, then I could conceivably add ratings via XMP but that would require RAW Power modify the original file, which is something I don’t do (for safety reasons).

Smart Folders are Finder objects – they are not real File System objects (like files and folders). As a result, they cannot be added to RAW Power (only the Finder knows they exist).

Sorry for all the “no’s”.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that I cannot add the flag metadata field to a photo. Spotlight works through “metadata importers” – one per file type. The system provides the importer for images, so I cannot replace it and add my own stuff. It is probably possible to add metadata a different way, but it would not be the flag. I have read articles that it’s possible to add metadata to a file using Finder comments and then find them using Spotlight (as a user) – something similar is probably possible for the code.

As far as Ratings go, that is also not in the app. I would have to look at it more to see – if Spotlight reads XMP ratings, then I could conceivably add ratings via XMP but that would require RAW Power modify the original file, which is something I don’t do (for safety reasons).

Smart Folders are Finder objects – they are not real File System objects (like files and folders). As a result, they cannot be added to RAW Power (only the Finder knows they exist).

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.