Feature request: Sort by tags and batch process

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Feature request: Sort by tags and batch process

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sslupsky
    Participant

Hi Nik,

Well,I am trying to make an honest effort to process my 2019 library using Finder and Raw Power and not using Aperture. My first comment, I miss Aperture. Alas, I must move on.

So, in that vein, one thing that occurs to me when using Raw Power. It would be helpful if one of the options to sort the photos in the view was by tag. The reason is that I am using Finder to help me tag the photo’s I want to do something with. Say for instance, to make a Calendar. When I have tagged the photo’s I want to use for the Calendar, I would like to open up Raw Power and then export them to JPEG’s. To do so, I would like to be able to sort them.

Second, it would be very helpful if I could do a batch export. That is, select a bunch of photos and export them all at once.

Finally, thinking about the last comment, it would be nice to be able to apply settings to a selection of photos as well. That is, copy the settings from one photo, select some number of other photos, and then paste the settings to all of them at once.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. I hope you and your family have a joyful holiday.
    Steve

sslupsky
    Participant

Ok, I am a little embarrassed. I can export as a batch … I just figured that one out.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Ha! You beat me to it. You can also copy and paste to many images at once.

1) Select the image with the adjustments
    2) Right-click and pick Copy
    3) Click Done to leave Edit if you are in Edit
    4) Select other images and right click on them and pick Paste Adjustments.

I don’t have sorting by tag planned for 3.0 but it’s certainly possible. However, you will be able to filter by tag, which should give you a similar ability.

sslupsky
    Participant

I think my problem was not exiting edit mode. Thanks for the tip!

I created a smart folder that filtered by tag in finder but I could not add it to the locations side bar.

sslupsky
    Participant

Is there any way to tell Finder to use Raw Power to render the Finder thumbnails? If I perform some edits in Raw Power, the Finder thumbnail does not update to reflect the edits and I was wondering if there was a way to affect that.

sslupsky
    Participant

Still evaluating my “new” workflow and another feature request comes to mind. Is there some way to integrate with another photo editor? For example, Aperture or Affinity Photo? There are some things I cannot do in Raw Power at the moment (blemish removal, healing, etc). So, I would like to round trip to another application and come back to Raw Power if that is possible. It would be cool if you could do some edits in Raw Power, drill into another application from Raw Power and make some edits, come back to Raw Power and the edits are applied (non destructively) to what you see in Raw Power. So, in essence, be able to apply the Raw Power edits and the third party edits and view them all in Raw Power. Kind of like the idea that the third party app is a plug in. Kind of like what Photos does. I suppose you would need to work with Apps that had side cars and an API for rendering their edits.

I do not think it is possible at the moment but I thought I would put the idea out there as you consider future ideas.

sslupsky
    Participant

Also, if you could apply a Finder tag from within the Raw Power viewer, that would be great too.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Finder Tag support is coming in RAW Power 3.0.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Regarding other editing apps, I don’t know if that could be done without creating an API for other developers to adopt; I will have to think about it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Nik Bhatt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.