Feature request: Clipping indicators

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Feature request: Clipping indicators

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chatulim
    Participant

One feature that I really miss from Aperture is the ability to quickly see highlight and shadow clipping (channel clipping?). Any chance that is on the short-list?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Clipping indicators are already in the app (as they are in RAW Power). The colored circles above the histogram indicate which channels are clipped. You can click them to show hot/cold pixels. The white circle shows hot/cold like Aperture. The other ones show hot pixels per channel.

Chatulim
    Participant

Whoops! Yes it does. Not sure how I missed that… Is there any chance you can add a hot-key to toggle the indicator on and off?

While we’re at it, there are a whole bunch of features in the app that could benefit from keyboard shortcuts. As it now stands, Nitro is very mouse-intensive.

Also, some of the shortcuts that do exist are only available in certain modes. For example: The “c” key takes you to the “crop” adjustment, but only if you are already have the edit panel open to the adjustment sliders. If the edit panel is closed, or if it is open to another tab (quick-adjust or presets or masks), the “c” key does nothing.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I will be adding more shortcuts over time. Some are easy, and some aren’t (like crop – because images may need to be downloaded, the app has to “remember” the crop key, wait for all of the downloading to complete, load the image, check if you changed the selection (which means it has to start over again), and then, finally, (maybe) enter crop mode).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.