Exporting originals

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Exporting originals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Catas
    Participant

Still trying to find a way for a straightforward workflow for “culling” images in iPad with RP when traveling.
    Though can’t find a way for exporting originals DNG files to Photos library, after filtering them, from in RP Files.
    Thank you!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Culling should be pretty straightforward. I suggest using flag or reject for images that you don’t want any more. Both can be done with gestures on the image (swipe up or down). That information will sync over iCloud Photos. If you are using Files, then you can’t sync the information.

There is no feature in the app to convert an image into a DNG. If you just want to export the original, then use the Export feature and pick Original from the first popup. You can choose Photos as the destination.

Catas
    Participant

Hi Nik.
    I haven’t had asked for converting to DNG.
    So being in RP files, how to send selected files as originals to Photos?
    I had import in RP files only dngs. If I am trying to send some of them in Photos, they’ll be converted into jpgs before copying them in Photos app…
    Can’t find export originals in “send to” or in “batch”… Sorry.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

In Batch, pick Export. Then in the Export interface, there is a “Format” pop up. Pick Original. You can also do the same in Edit, but one image at a time.

Catas
    Participant

Thank you and sorry if I didn’t pay much more attention for “batch” pop up.

Catas
    Participant

Hi Nik again.
    I had tried to export 33 dng originals from files app to Photos but RP crashed. After reinstalled the app with iPad restart, had crashed again.
    Yet, if I’m exporting HEIF or JPG, the app is working as expected.
    With HEIF export it is another story. I’ll send you few images for comparison.
    Regards

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Do you think it’s the number of files that are being sent? If you send, say 20 files does it always work?

Catas
    Participant

Yep. Had tried with 20 pcs. Had crashed after the fifth image processed, none was written on that album.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.