Custom cropping sizes in the boxes

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Custom cropping sizes in the boxes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Derek Vallintine
    Participant

Are the figures in millimetres or pixels in the boxes? Can these figures be changed to inches?
    I want to resize an image to 6×9″ to send to a printing firm.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The crop numbers are unit-less. They are a ratio, in the way that a camera may shoot 3×2 or 4×3 – those are also not in mm or pixels.

6″x9″ is not well defined either, because it depends on the ppi and images are simply in pixels.

If you want a 6×9, which is also 2×3, then set the crop to 2×3 and when you export, specify the size you want in pixels.

Derek Vallintine
    Participant

Thanks for replying Nik. This is my problem…I stitched 2 vertical images to make a panorama and it ended up suiting a square format/crop. I want to get a 20″x20″print made by a local print shop so I needed a 20×20 cropped image. I was able to get the crop I needed in ACDsee for Macs.
    Regards Derek

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

If you want a literal crop to inches, then there are two ways:
    Enter a large pixel value (6000 x 6000) for example which would be 20×20 at 300 dpi
    Or, use a square crop and then export at a custom size, which is actually the same thing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.