Crop causes blank Preview bug?

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Crop causes blank Preview bug?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thewildrover
    Participant

Hi Nik,

I was having a discussion elsewhere (a potential new user for RP), and they’d come up with what looks like a new bug, which is no reproducible on my system here – iPad Pro 2020 (iPadOS 15.4, RawPower 3.4.6 (346.01).

If I apply Crop to an image (it may not always happen though) it saves a blank (blacked out) preview image. It’s visible as blank in the filmstrip, and is blank in Photos too. If you remove the Crop, it’s then fine.

I’m also seeing a weird affect on the previews when opening Raw Power for the first launch, the preview opens as a mess of psychedelic colours, selecting another image and then back again clears this.

Cheers

Andy

thewildrover
    Participant

Just to add to that, this only applies to Raw Power on an iPad, the Desktop version seems to be behaving normally.

Also to confirm that this is when accessing the Photos Library directly from Raw Power.

Cheers.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi Andy,

I’m not seeing a problem like this on my iPad with the same combination of OS and app. Can you please try restarting the iPad – the psychedelic colors sound like a GPU problem that might be addressed with a reboot of the iPad. Also, does this happen with any kind of image (JPEG or RAW)?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi Andy,

I’m not seeing a problem like this on my iPad with the same combination of OS and app. Can you please try restarting the iPad – the psychedelic colors sound like a GPU problem that might be addressed with a reboot of the iPad. Also, does this happen with any kind of image (JPEG or RAW)?

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

OK, I am able to reproduce this in some situations. This is an OS bug unfortunately – I am going to look for a workaround and also contact Apple.

Catas
    Participant

I also saw this discussion regarding the crop module, however I did not notice this behavior generating black thumbnails on my iPad Air 3. I did however noticed some weird freezes of cropping module.
    Now talking about that “mess of psychedelic colours”, it happens when hitting edit raw image from Photos while RP app is stuck trying to decode that raw. Or maybe RP is trying to show that raw before it is fully downloaded from iCloud.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I saw something similar with the Photos app on Mac – it was downloading an image and I entered it. It got stuck and I had to restart the app to get things going again. Perhaps there is an issue in iCloud in that regard.

thewildrover
    Participant

Thank you for fixing the crop bug.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks for reporting it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.