Can’t wait to try Nitro!

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Can’t wait to try Nitro!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nadeem Ayoob
    Participant

This looks great! I’m ignoring my work meetings right now checking out all the features! Can’t wait to get home tonight and install the app and start using it!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks!

Mike Rott
    Participant

Last night I was using RawPower and Affinity Photo thinking if RP had just a few more features……. and now you release THIS! I have played with some of the new Nitro features a bit, and they look great. This going to greatly simplify and improve my workflow.
    In particular, N-up, compare 2 images, spot/wire removal, clone and masks are so welcome.
    It is going to take me some time to get used to the new menu layout, understandable considering all the new features.
    There are some things I would love to see added, but right now I need to further explore, enjoy and appreciate all the new features in Nitro.

Many thanks Nik for all your hard work on this!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. And, it’s a 1.0, so there is room to grow.

Mike Rott
    Participant

In Auto Enhance there are 2 check boxes “include white balance” and “use levels”, if I check include white balance I get an error “unable to auto white balance this image, turn off white balance.
    Can you explain what is going on here?

thanks.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Nitro’s auto white balance code is trying to find a patch of color that /should/ be gray, but isn’t. Sometimes it fails to find one (due to limitations in the algorithm). In that case, it cannot find the white balance value and it displays that message.

Mike Rott
    Participant

thanks. Makes sense, it only happens with some images that don’t have a lot if any white

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.