Browser Sort; can it be sticky?

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Browser Sort; can it be sticky?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    digitaldog
    Participant

Just downloaded 2.0, browser is super fast and impressive. But I have a question about the sorting of folders. I added a ‘root’ folder of all my images (currently cataloged with Lightroom) so far so good. Seems the default is sort by name. That’s fine but if I sort by date (Newest first), that sort only affects the one folder, all others are still sort by Name. Meaning I’d have to go to each folder (and there are dozens) and set to the sort I prefer. Is this by design? Is there a way to globally sort ALL folders nestled and otherwise so the product defaults to a sort I prefer? Maybe a key command that when selecting soft by (fill in the option), ALL folders are now sorted this way.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Thanks for the question. This is an oversight. Let me look into it to see if there is a simple fix that could be made in the near term. My idea is to basically have folder default to a particular sort (either via preference or whatever the last one was), but I don’t know yet how difficult those would be.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Just following up — Version 2.0.1 is now available on the App Store. It contains a fix for this problem. Basically, when you click on a folder, it will use the last-selected sort by default. That way, if you want to view by date-newest, just pick that for the first folder, and as you tunnel down, the other folders will also sort that way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.