Auto Enhance not for RAW -processing- section ?

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Auto Enhance not for RAW -processing- section ?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BenB
    Participant

I noticed, already quite some time 🙃, that when I use “AUTO Enhance” feature with RW2-RAW files (Panasonic), the “Auto Enhance” does not change the paramaters in the Raw Processing section. It does work ok for my “old” CR2 files and DNG-files though. Anyone experiencing this behaviour or do I encounter a “bug”” ?
    I tried RP as extension and as stand-alone, but this makes no difference.
    I am working on Ventura 13.1 with a 24″ iMac M1

Thanks
    Ben

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Auto Enhance rarely modifies the fields in RAW Processing, except when images are overexposed or underexposed. It tends to use things in Tone, Enhance, and Curves / Levels (and white balance).

BenB
    Participant

Thanks Nik for the quick follow-up.
    Based on your video tutorial “Auto Enhance in Raw Power 3 for Mac”, I had the impression that this was “always” the case. Nevertheless it seemed a bit strange to me that Raw-files wit CR2 and DNG files triggered the RAW-processing several times and my RW2-files never, even when parts of the image was severely under or over exposed. At the same time it triggers the relevant Tone, Curves, Enhance etc. so it’s ok with me. I just got curious.

Best Regards
    Ben

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

That’s not what I would expect either. If you want to send me a couple of images you can.

Email
    support@gentlemencoders.com

and I can send you an upload link (I don’t want to put the link in the forum, which is public)

BenB
    Participant

Thanks NIK, I just sent you some pictures.
    Still possible I don’t quite understand the algoritme 🙃, But curious and willing to learn.

(By the way the notification of this forum doesn’t seem to work)

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Auto Enhance looks at the image and adjusts parameters based on what it thinks is the best way to improve the image. Which sliders it moves varies from image to image. Sometimes the RAW Processing adjustment is modified, sometimes not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.