Another future suggestion

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Another future suggestion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Levisp
    Participant

Hi

Been using Raw Power 2 on OSX for a couple of days and I must congratulate you on a great piece of software. I very much like the overall simplicity of the program. Makes a change. So I paid the money to help support the software. However I have two suggestions which I hope you might consider. When I use Raw Power 2 I use two window setups, one for browsing my images and the other for editing. I find every time I reopen the program I am constantly have to reconfigure my setup. My suggestion would be a way to save these settings. Example a menu item – save current window – give it a name – My Edit Workspace. I know I can use keyboard short cuts to setup my workspace but a way to save a workspace I think would be very slick.

My second request is when editing an image the size defaults to fit the screen. This is fine but I like a dark grey / black border all around the image. I know you can change the edit window background colour but adding a minimum size border around the image would be a nice feature. I find this makes me see the edits better. If you could zoom out a little that would do the trick but at the moment you cannot.

Just two small UI ideas to consider. Hope they make sense.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have a question about your first suggestion — how do you arrange the pieces of the workspace when you browse vs. when you edit? A Save Workspace command is a good idea, but I’d like to understand how you use the app as well.

Having a border around the image is also possible, and not difficult to implement. I will add it to the list for a future release.

—Nik

Levisp
    Participant

Browsing and editing are all done in full screen mode making the most of my 15 in MacBook screen.

In browsing mode I have the tool bar showing with browser button selected and all other buttons on the top right deselected. This gives me the folders on the left and the rest of the screen full of thumbnail images. Then when I select an image for editing I press the top right edit button. Once in editing mode I hide browser, hide thumbs, hide toolbar and then go fullscreen. When editing I have just the image and editing tools on the right. This is when it would be nice to have a border around the image. Basically I use 2 workspaces to maximise my available screen. It would also be nice for the app to save the workspace when closing so that on re-launch you are back to were you were.

Hope that gives you more of an idea.

Peter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.