Allow “RAW Power” to modify this photo?

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Allow “RAW Power” to modify this photo?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ddddddrrrrrrr
    Participant

I get this editing every. single. photo. every. single. time.
    and every time I navigate away from one photo to quickly check another to match styles or exposure
    and every time I apply a preset

I’m going crazy, I gather this is a MacOS photos permission thing, but I can’t find anyone else talking about it. Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it has to be?

If it has to be this way, is there an option to just ‘save up’ all the edits for a session and then bulk apply them? Photos allows you to bulk modify with a single click and this would save me so much time and sanity.

Thanks!

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Yes, you are correct. This is a macOS Photos thing that I cannot suppress. The app displays a single save dialog when you use batch processing but not during normal editing. A few customers have also expressed a desire for a way to save the edits without getting the dialog. There is a fair amount of work to do this properly – by adding a commit menu item + alert on exit + alert on launch if the app crashed. I’m concerned that a significant number of customers will not understand this flow and think the app is broken (since edits will not commit to the Photo library and nothing will upload to iCloud until the commit operation occurs). It’s an even bigger problem on iOS because apps don’t quit on iOS – they just get terminated by the OS, so there isn’t a good place to alert or encourage people to commit the edits.

ddddddrrrrrrr
    Participant

Thanks

I would be willing to accept the compromise on the iPadOS version but under MacOS I’d love a tick box to allow batch updates at the end of a session. Photos.app is not the perfect DAM but it is better than most so I’d like to stick with it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.