Add metadata

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Add metadata

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BenB
    Participant

Hello Nik,
    At last it’s out, looks great.
    Question about the integration of exiftool:
    Is it possible to add metadata such as email/url/description/contact info etc, and remove some of the metadata ?
    Also is it possible to batch edit metadata or add metadata on import ?

Thanks Ben

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Right now the app doesn’t have the ability to write metadata out.

Are you asking about adding / removing some of the metadata in the ExifTool view, or in the regular view?

BenB
    Participant

Hello Nik,
    Thanks for responding. You must be very busy right now.
    Preferabele on (batch) saving or (batch) export. So I guess in the regular (browse) view. But would be fine in the Exiftool if that is more simple to achieve.
    (You probably know Affinity photo, I like te way the managed this, chose the tab mtd make the changes and save. You can import a save xml-files to apply depending for the applicable purposes).

Andrew Macnaughton
    Participant

Hi Nik

I was thinking back to the old Aperture days where you could add metadata such as keywords and location (I know you can copy location in Nitro, but if you can add a bespoke location I have missed it). You can do this in Apple Photos; so, I wondered if there was a reason not to include this in Nitro?

Andrew

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Aperture stored that information into its own database. Nitro does not manage a separate database for this information when you use the Finder (it uses XMP files). For the photo library, Apple does not provide a way to read or write custom metadata (or keywords).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.