Reply To: Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability Reply To: Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability

Erik Brammer
Participant

And for ACD-See, I had a couple of additional questions I wanted to find answers to before even giving it a try:

– Geo tagging: Does it add the GPS coordinates to the raw files? According to their web site, it writes those into the IPTC fields. Worth trying.
– Sandbox or side car files? Seems like the main repository for image edits is the ACD-See database file, however “the “Embed Database Information in Selected Files” command will write the ACDSee metadata to the files/XMP sidecars. This needs to be done manually via the Tools menu (or, you could assign a custom keyboard shortcut via Preferences > Mouse and Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts).” (https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-category/acdsee-photo-studio-for-mac-aa/product-discussion/47805-metadata-and-database-questions)
– Using Raw Power as the default external editor from within ACD-See: Should work, even with declaring Raw Power to be the default editor. Need to see what happens if one defines Raw Power to be capable of editing multiple files at a time. Maybe that won’t work. Also, what happens when you call up Raw Power from ACD-See – will you see the thumbnails of the images contained in the folder that holds the image that you used to call up Raw Power from ACD-See? If so, one could start of with the initial image and then carry on editing in Raw Power as usual – unlike calling Raw Power as an extension from Apple Photos.

Nik, I hope you don’t mind that I am using this thread to discuss the interaction between another application like ACD-See and Raw Power for DAM purposes, but you can see based on other people’s input that it is a subject of interest.

Best regards,
Erik