Reply To: Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability Reply To: Raw Power 3 intended feature set and Catalina Capability

Erik Brammer
Participant

Hi all,

I am also thinking how to possibly alter my DAM.

I love Raw Power for raw development and editing. I am using it alongside Fuji X-Raw Studio which is very basic but a perfect match to apply other film simulations plus basic raw development to my X-Pro2 files.

Only final JPGs make it into my Apple Photos library with the key advantage of syncing nicely across devices. All raw files are currently only residing in folders on my HDD plus various forms of backup (Time Machine, CCC).

Now I have taken a look again at ACD-See Photo Studio for Mac 5. An idea would be to use that one as the DAM front end for all raw files, possibly even the edited JPGs. Apple Photos would thus continue to be just a one-way downstream slave receiving the edited JPGs.

I wouldn’t intent to use their raw developer but rather use the new functionality of hooking up an external raw developer to it – i.e. Raw Power.

ACD-See Photo Studio for Mac 5 currently sells at a discounted price of below $40.

Does anyone have experience with it and uses it as a DAM front end alongside Raw Power?

Should one be concerned about the fact that they discount it so steeply from their regular $99 price?

Best regards,
Erik