Reply To: First image in folder is sometimes corrupted

Home Forums RAW Power for macOS General Discussion First image in folder is sometimes corrupted Reply To: First image in folder is sometimes corrupted

thewildrover
Participant

Interesting.

I wonder if this is similar to the issue I reported a while back, but on iPadOS (it’s not happened on my iMac, using any kind of MacOS). I’ve also been seeing corrupt previews while in editing mode. It’s occurring slightly differently for me, but essentially I’m resulting in a corrupt view where I cannot edit the image at all (even the histogram reflects what’s displayed on screen).

I originally started off with it being the first image I edited being corrupt (probably about 18 months ago). If I clicked on another image, then back to the original, it cleared the issue.

In the last year or more though it developed further, so that it appears only after I’ve edited a few images (6-10 perhaps). Once it starts though, it happens on probably every other image. Clicking on another, then back again can clear it, but it can take a few goes before it does. It’s not related to file type, or image size either, as it happens on a variety of Raw images from different eras (Nikon, Fuji and Olympus in use here).

Here I’m using a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9″, and this has certainly been happening on the last two iPaOS versions. I’m using it with the Photos iCloud based library, so it might suggest there’s something going on with that.

I haven’t tried the opening in another app trick though, but if I use any other app, I never see this issue elsewhere.

(BTW, this isn’t meant to be a moan, just trying to add some info, in case it’s useful).

Cheers, and season’s greetings.