Tone Map and Boost Sliders

Home Forums Nitro for Mac Tone Map and Boost Sliders

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John A.
    Participant

Nik – Andy Hutchinson, in his recent YouTube reviews of Nitro, seems unaware of the importance of the Tone Map and Boost sliders. Have you considered making these adjustments part of the Auto Enhance feature? Or alternatively, perhaps setting the default strength to say 0.50 or 0.75? I realize that these sliders feature prominently in your tutorial videos, but maybe there is an additional way to get the point across. Love the program. Thanks.

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Boost is already part of Auto Enhance. When an image is overexposed, then it adjusts Boost to recover highlights better. Setting the default strength to 0.5 for all images would not be desirable in many cases. Tone Map is not currently employed in Auto Enhance, but it’s a good idea. I will see what would make sense to do. Andy Hutchinson seems to have more experience with Adobe’s RAW controls, than the advanced ones in Nitro that are optimized for Apple’s decoder. Frankly, many of his criticisms were simply baffling.

thewildrover
    Participant

Tone Map?

Have I missed something there, I don’t see that anywhere in the panels at all!

Cheers

Andy

John A.
    Participant

Andy, you will need to first open a ProRaw file. Then the Tone Map slider will appear at the top of the Tone panel.

thewildrover
    Participant

Thank you John, understood. I don’t have any of those, so that explains it. I didn’t realise that this was one of the file dependent features.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.