The way things work?

Home Forums Nitro for Mac The way things work?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pito Salas
    Participant

I have a pretty basic question.

There are a ~16 options on the edit subtab (by the way there are no tooltips so I don’t know what it is called. 1 is the magic wand, 2 looks like a dialog box, 3 is some sliders and four is a paintbrush. Huh? Anyway, I mean 3)

I also notice that when I play with presets and auto enhance, and other things, those edit options shift.

Do all possible edits end up being represented by positions of those ~16 options or are there other aspects that are not.

When I “save a preset” are those ~16 all that are saved?

When I do a. batch operation, and apply a preset?

Also where is the bulk operation that I see in iOS in MacOS?

Pito

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

The “four-way control” has the following: Quick Fixes; Presets/LUTs, Sliders, Masking. This is described in the user manual that people kept asking for. You can find the current (incomplete) manual here. I will update it as I go.

Presets and Auto Enhance manipulate other parts of the editing system, including sliders and masking. Yes, everything you do in a preset or auto enhance is represented somewhere else (as is typical for such operations).

Presets save what they need to save. They don’t save unchanged values. Batch operations are the same. However, that is an implementation detail.

On iOS, the standard model is a Select button combined with some other button (Share or Batch in Nitro). On Mac, such things are not necessary. You select items with the mouse + shift / command. Then you pick menu items or right-click to bring up a context menu. Nitro uses the correct user interface paradigm on each platform – you will not find the same controls in the same places.

Pito Salas
    Participant

Now a request about tooltips: it would be nice if every unlabeled icon had a tooltip.

Pito

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.