Option to toggle on/off on startup?

Home Forums Nitro for iPhone and iPad Option to toggle on/off on startup?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kiwi
    Participant

I am using folders in the iOS files app to store/sort my folders and for the top folder there is an option at the bottom of the screen to toggle on/off and show/hide all the pictures in the nested folders.

Problem is on starting the app, this option is off by default. Is it possible to have an option to turn this on every time the app is started?

I have attached a screenshot via Dropbox below as I am not sure if I have attach pictures here directly.

Thanks

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

I don’t preserve certain settings on purpose because they have a tendency to confuse less experienced (or less frequent) users. For example, filters are discarded when you restart the app. That’s because people sometimes filter their images, forget and then wonder “where did all the images go?”. This is very understandable, especially if they aren’t using the app every day. With Show Subfolders, it’s similar. It is a common behavior for people, when faced with an app doing something they don’t want, to quit and reopen hoping the “bug” goes away, even though there is no bug. So, if they have turned on subfolders and pick something large, like their hard disk or a network share, then the app will spin for a while. Quitting and reopening will just start over again, which is very frustrating.

So, the short answer is maybe. I figure that avoiding this problem for inexperienced users is a good trade off vs. the annoyance of having to pick the button each time to turn it back on.

Kiwi
    Participant

Understandable. If you do implement it. Maybe do so as an option in preferences, where you can set nested folders to default as on or off on startup?

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.