Editing RAW files on iPad

Home Forums Nitro for iPhone and iPad Editing RAW files on iPad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RichardDBlake
    Participant

Hi

I have my photos in an Apple Photo library as JPG/RAW pairs. If I send a photo to Nitro on my iPad, the JPG gets sent for editing.

On the Mac, I can fix this by selecting ‘Use RAW as Original’ before editing and then the RAW gets sent to Nitro. Is there a way of replicating this on the iPad.

Thanks, Richard

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Are you using the Photo Extension? If you are using the Photo Extension on iOS, then unfortunately, Apple does not support the use of RAWs in Photo Extensions on iOS. I have asked Apple’s engineers about this year after year, but nothing has come of it. I suggest using Nitro on iPad as an app instead, which will get the RAW data. You can switch between RAW and JPEG in Nitro in Edit. There is a little button below the histogram that looks like an R on top of a box.

RichardDBlake
    Participant

Thanks Nik. That rings a bell now you’ve explained it. It’s a pity that Apple won’t support this as I normally browse through photos in Photos and it would be great to then link out to Nitro to edit. But editing in the app directly is fine as well.

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.