Curves/Levels default modes

Home Forums Nitro for iPhone and iPad Curves/Levels default modes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thewildrover
    Participant

Hi again Nik,

I thought it might be better to ask this separately to my other question.

This is with regard to the Luminance/Equal RGB setting in the Curves and Levels panels.

In the Levels panel I notice that you’ve set it to Luminance mode as default in Nitro now. But in the Curves panel it defaults to Equal RGB.

I think I remember in Raw Power that it would remember the setting during an editing session. This doesn’t happen in Nitro.

My own personal preference is for using Luminance mode. I just find that it gives a more natural look to my photos more easily than with Equal RGB. I’ve recently started using the Curves panel more than Levels (just getting used to it now, and finding it is more flexible).

The question is, for a start, is the discrepancy between the two panels intentional? And, is it possible to add a user preferred default setting to them, or at least bring back the remembered setting for a session.

Cheers

Andy

Nik Bhatt
    Keymaster

Actually, that’s not what’s happening. There is a bug in Levels where it does not set up the Luminance / EqualRGB button correctly. It’s actually in EqualRGB by default. I’ll make a note about that and figuring out some kind of default.

thewildrover
    Participant

Ah, Ok, I can see that now, having just had a look. Yes you have to click the button twice to get to Luminance mode.

That’s probably what made me move to trying the curves tool instead, as it was giving better results (for my own preference that is).

Thanks,

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.