Reply To: Is possible to move a 16-bit workflow to iPhone

Home Forums RAW Power for iOS General Discussion Is possible to move a 16-bit workflow to iPhone Reply To: Is possible to move a 16-bit workflow to iPhone

Nik Bhatt
Keymaster

Hi Dmitri,

Thank you for the thoughtful post.

Presets are not for everyone, but you would be surprised at how many photographers rely on them for a good starting point or to create a look. That is also true for Auto Enhance and their ilk.

Selective adjustments are a frequently requested feature for the app. I have implemented a prototype of such a system, though I am so far behind with 3.0 development, that completing this feature will have to wait until after 3.0. If you look on Twitter for @gentcoders you will see some older tweets which show that prototype implementation running in a test application. You may find that of interest.

Film grain: yes, I would like to add a film grain adjustment to the app – I don’t think it’s very difficult. However, I was unaware that the grain should be applied differently to highlights and shadow areas. Can you tell me more? You mentioned a ‘hill’ – is the grain function applied most to the midtones and then less to both highlights and shadow areas?

Thank you again. Happy New Year.

–Nik