Reply To: Adjustments lost after renaming raw files

Home Forums RAW Power Help Forum Adjustments lost after renaming raw files Reply To: Adjustments lost after renaming raw files

Erik Brammer
Participant

… and another thing: When I export using a custom name and sequence, Raw Power doesn’t use a fixed number of digits for the sequence, filling up with zeros as needed.

Also, the sequence by which the images are being exported seems to be rather random. As the file creation date in Finder is no longer the original image capture date, it is virtually impossible to restore the chronological sequence of the images. Of course, in a photo app like Apple Photos, the images will appear in the correct chronological sequence again, but now I need to re-export them with a custom name and counter from Apple Photos to create a jpg image sequence that I can share e.g. with my wife.

My suggestions for improvement:
– Use a fixed number of digits for exporting with custom name and sequence, potentially as a parameter with a default value of 3 digits that the user can modify.
– When exporting files, set the file creation date to the original image capture date.
– Export in the (chronological) order in which the images are being displayed in Raw Power.